суббота, 11 апреля 2015 г.

Fast dating

Beat the odds,



Meet the man behind eHarmony



Dr. Neil Clark Warren, Founder



Dr. Warren is a clinical psychologist and author of eight books on love, marriage and emotional health. During 35 years of counseling thousands of married couples, Dr. Warren observed a set of characteristics that seemed to be present in all successful relationships. He called them the 29 Dimensions of Compatibility. After extensive research involving thousands of married couples, Dr. Warren confirmed that these dimensions were indeed highly predictive of relationship success and could be used to match singles. Ten years later, eHarmony's compatibility matching is responsible for nearly 4% of U. S. marriages.*



*2012 U. S. survey conducted for eHarmony by Harris Interactive®



eHarmony - #1 Trusted Online Dating Site for Singles



eHarmony is the first service within the online dating industry to use a scientific approach to matching highly compatible singles. eHarmony's matching is based on using its 29 DIMENSIONS® model to match couples based on features of compatibility found in thousands of successful relationships.



eHarmony is committed to helping singles find love every day . and with over 20 million registered online users, we are confident in our ability to do so. The eHarmony Compatibility Matching System® matches single women and men based on 29 Dimensions® of Compatibility for lasting and fulfilling relationships.



Traditional Internet dating can be challenging for those singles looking for love that lasts. But eHarmony is not a traditional dating site. Of all the single men or women you may meet online, very few will be compatible with you specifically, and it can be difficult to determine the level of compatibility of a potential partner through methods of conventional dating services – browsing classified ads, online personals, or viewing profile photos. Our Compatibility Matching System does the work for you by narrowing the field from thousands of single prospects to match you with a select group of compatible matches with whom you can build a quality relationship.



4 Easy Steps to Find the Right Match.



Complete our Relationship Questionnaire and get your FREE Personality Profile.



Review your selected, highly-compatible matches FREE!



Pick the plan that best suits you when you're ready to communicate .



Get to know your matches at your own pace, and start dating !



Nearly 4% of U. S. Newlyweds Can't Be Wrong



eHarmony is different than other online dating websites and services, and we believe our success speaks for itself. On average, 438 people get married every day in the United States because of eHarmony; that accounts for nearly 4% of new U. S. marriages.* At eHarmony, we believe you deserve to find love – true love that comes with a lasting relationship. Because of this, we are committed to assisting singles everywhere in their search to find love and romantic fulfillment.



*2012 U. S. survey conducted for eHarmony by Harris Interactive® online, very few will be compatible with you specifically, and it can be difficult to determine the level of compatibility of a potential partner through methods of conventional dating services – browsing classified ads, online personals, or viewing profile photos. Our Compatibility Matching System does the work for you by narrowing the field from thousands of single prospects to match you with a select group of compatible matches with whom you can build a quality relationship.



Meet People of all Ages, Races, and Religions on eHarmony



With over 20 million registered users, the eHarmony member base is an ethnically, racially, and religiously diverse group of individuals of all ages – all of whom are looking to find someone special. Amongst our most popular demographics are: Christian Singles. Jewish Singles. Black Singles. Hispanic Singles. Asian Singles. 30s Singles and Senior Singles. We understand it can be difficult to find a mate with whom you share a similar background, goals, or beliefs, and regardless of who you may be looking for, eHarmony wants to help you find the love of your life.



Find Local Singles Online



Free Personality Profile



Receive your Free Personality Profile and get matched just by taking our Relationship Questionnaire.



More Personal than Personal Ads



Unlike traditional dating websites, eHarmony matches compatible men and women based on 29 Dimensions of Compatibility that are predictors of long-term relationship success. Determining compatibility through conventional dating methods could take months, or even years, of interaction between you and your potential partner. At eHarmony, we deliver more than personal ads . We are committed to matching you with truly compatible men or women in order to provide you with the best online dating and relationship experience possible. This is one of the many reasons why eHarmony is now the #1 Trusted Online Dating Site for American singles.



Free Online Dating Advice and Community



We at eHarmony want you to find love and romance and to make it last. To assist you in this quest, we offer free dating advice at: eH Advice. Meet people in our on line dating community, utilize our Date Planner, and receive advice from our relationship experts.



Start Dating with eHarmony Today



eHarmony Success Stories



If you've met someone special through eHarmony, please contact us and let us know how it all started and how the relationship is progressing. Thousands of eHarmony couples have shared their stories with us. To learn more about eHarmony success stories, simply click the link below.



Find True Compatibility Today



Free dating with Smooch



There are thousands of dating sites out there, so what makes us special? Well, we pride ourselves on offering a first class service, without making you pay the price tag for it!



Smooch has all the tools you need to help you find what you’re looking for. Searching on our free dating site is easy, whether you prefer to search by interests or looks. You can chat in private (also free!) and browse through our gallery of singles.



Thousands of clever singles have already joined Smooch for free online dating, so don’t get left behind! Give your dating life the makeover it deserves, and find what you’re looking for today!



The Fast Show



2000 (Reunion Special)



2011 (Web Series)



2014 (BBC 2 50th Birthday Special)



It was loosely structured and relied on character sketches, recurring running gags. and many catchphrases. Its fast-paced "blackout " style set it apart from traditional sketch series because of the number and relative brevity of its sketches; a typical half-hour TV sketch comedy of the period might have consisted of nine or ten major items, with contrived situations and extended setups, whereas the premiere episode of The Fast Show featured twenty-seven sketches in thirty minutes, [ 2 ] with some items lasting less than ten seconds and none running longer than three minutes. Its innovative style and presentation influenced many later series such as Little Britain and The Catherine Tate Show .



Charlie Higson announced on 5 September 2011 that The Fast Show would return for a new online only series starting 14 November. [ 3 ] The premiere date was changed later to 10 November. [ 4 ] The series was later shown as two thirty minute parts rather than the original eleven short episodes as part of a 50th birthday celebration for BBC2. the channel on which The Fast Show originally aired.



fast. pray.



The Sex Talk



On Mondays at lunch, we fast and pray – for men to become godly leaders at church and at home; for soft hearts that are responsive to the Lord; and for strong, Christ-centered marriages for those who desire them.



Shortly before I got married this past May, I got the “Sex Talk” from a few close friends and in a preparing-for-marriage class we took at our church.



One friend shared with me, “Emily, it’s not like in the movies. It doesn’t last all night.”



Another friend shared that her husband showers immediately after sex.



The older married ladies leading the girls-only time during our marriage class gave tips on avoiding infections and dealing with discomfort.



So why am I sharing this with you?



Because if you’re like me, you probably have some misconceptions about sex. Whether these misconceptions come from Hollywood where they edit out all the bloopers, or not learning/thinking/talking about sex and sexual desires because it’s easier and less shameful that way, or you grew up hearing that you will have the best sex of your life and be fulfilled sexually if you abstain until marriage, you are believing lies that the enemy is using to discourage you now and will use to discourage you in your marriage .



The world often presents a distorted view of the purpose for and the practice of sex. As Anna and Amy wrote earlier this year, the church doesn’t always promote a healthy view either. Growing up in a conservative church, I heard “don’t have sex until you’re married.” If anything, we were to be modest and asexual until marriage. I didn’t hear about married Christian couples struggling with their sex lives because “sex in its proper context [of marriage] is how God designed it.”



Several years ago, a friend and I had a conversation about how we secretly hoped Jesus wouldn’t return until we were married and could have sex with our husbands (isn’t that the highest good this world has to offer?). Such thinking illustrates misplaced hope and turning sex into the fantasy it’s not meant to be.



Lest I sound like I’m complaining or anti-sex, while sex can be awkward and complicated, it is wonderful to be with the man you love and trust and is key in developing and maintaining intimacy with your spouse (not to mention procreation). Sex does provide pleasure and an outlet for natural sexual desires, but sustaining healthy relationships requires commitment, hard work, vulnerability, and prayer. Something our culture often neglects to mention or model.



This week, let’s pray for discernment and protection from the lies about sex that lead to discouragement and discontent, both among singles and those who are married. Our sex life or lack of a sex life is not meant to define us – our faith and trust in a Heavenly Father and our identity as His children is where we find confidence and purpose.



Partnering in prayer with you,



Emily



P. S. Hundreds of churches from the D. C. area are gathering on Monday at the Lincoln Memorial to confess our sins and pray for our nation. Would you pray for protection for this time and for God to do a mighty work? And isn’t it cool/just-like-God that this prayer service corresponds with our fast. pray. time?



P. P.S. If you want to read more about a balanced view of sex while remaining celibate, here’s a link to an article another fast. pray-er shared with me that greatly helped re-frame my thinking about abstinence and sex.



Staples



On Mondays, we pray and fast for God to soften our hearts as women, to raise up men, and to give the gift of marriage to those who desire it. This week we have a guest post from a gal named Kate. Our hope is that you will be blessed by her writing as you pray and fast.



This summer was marked by two very important, heavenly ordained encounters where I learned The News.



Memorial Day weekend I encountered a friend of a friend who knows my ex. Through the course of catching up (it had been years since I saw her; same amount of time since talking to my ex), she causally brought him up in the course of our meandering conversation. And then she dropped The News – “You know he’s married now, right? And, expecting a child.”



Now, I’ve never played ice hockey. I have a niece who’s a freshman in college, living her dream, playing NCAA hockey. I’ve spent countless hours watching that kid zoom around the ice in chilly rinks along the East Coast. I can tell you, upon hearing the news about my ex on that warm Memorial Day with our feet dangling in a sparkling pool, I felt like I had just been checked hard by an NHL hockey player skating 40 mph, drilling me into the glass. I felt shaken to my core.



Here was the voice that played inside my head that moment and in the hours and days following: “HIM? You’ve got to be kidding me, God. He doesn’t even like you, let alone know you! Why him and not me?”



The “why him and not me” refrain followed me. Everywhere. I said it when I brushed my teeth and when I walked the dog; when I accepted a meeting invite at work and sat at a red light: Why him and not me?



Flash forward several weeks to my second heavenly ordained encountered this summer. I’m at the gym, working out with my trainer. An acquaintance who knows, through professional circles, my most recent ex is beside me lifting weights. She asks me if I’ve heard The News. “Bob got engaged, did you know that?!” Why, of course not. Why would I know that? Is what I wanted to scream at the gym.



This is the second proverbial NHL check into the glass. And my reaction is the exact same. Same voice, same recriminations: yelling at God, doubting His plans, believing He has withheld something great from me that I deserve more (the gift of marriage). Oh, so much more .



In the wake of getting emotionally drilled after hearing The News (twice) over the course of one month I go through a dark period this summer. There are lots of tears and sleepless nights. Sadness moves in and sets down a chair to make itself at home. The refrain becomes: “Why them and not me?” Why, God, why? And I befriend this refrain for several weeks; it plays on a loop in my head.



But then, God moves in. He speaks and begins to work this out in my heart. I liken the whole process to the following story: At the tender of age of 38, I am the unlucky recipient of two lower back surgeries six years apart. Thankfully, both were a success. But for the second surgery, they had to close the incision with staples. Believe me when I tell you – the removal of those staples was worse than the back pain that lead to the surgeries; worse than both of the post-op recoveries. I gripped the table and gritted my teeth when the kind nurse removed those staples. One, by one, by one, the staples rattled as they were dropped into the metal dish.



They had to come out because it was only after the staples were removed that my back could truly, completely heal.



I liken this summer to the removal of staples, but this time, in my heart. Emotional staples that I didn’t even know existed. God very tenderly and lovingly told me, “It’s time to remove these staples, Kate. You think you’re ready for marriage, but we need to remove these staples in your heart so you can truly heal.” He orchestrated those events so I could hear The News and He could begin His work. I captured this truth in my June 19 th journal entry: “This is all about cleaning house, the house of my heart. This is needed. It’s useful. It’s painful. We’re removing staples. The first staple represents the one I loved. The second staple represents the one I haven’t been able to forgive. Unworthy love and unforgiveness (for and towards my ex’s) have been souring my heart. There’s hardly any room for The One to come in when such sadness, blame, pining and unforgiveness reside. There has been no room and no way healing can take place. This is the start of something great. This must be where and how you start to make all things new . ‘I make all things new,’ is what you said (Rev. 21:5). So then, do it. Keep pulling out the staples. Make me new.”



I share this story, the Summer of Receiving The News, because it’s illustrative of so many things as we wait patiently for God to reveal His will. This waiting period is not a time to presume we’re perfect and ready (like I pretty much thought I was), so let’s just get on with the show already, God . This is a precious sliver of time to ask God for His help in honestly assessing our hearts. Are we ready for marriage? Really ready for what God has planned for us? Is there anything hindering the process of healing and restoration? Is there anything preventing us from being emotionally whole, healthy and ready for His ultimate good and perfect gift?



Before this summer, I would have told you, “game on, I’m ready.” And, yes, my heart is in mint condition, thank you very much! But after this summer, I can tell you I am humbled and ever so grateful for God’s gentleness and patience. For the way He communicates and reveals. For the way He lets me have my temper tantrums and the loving kindness He bestows in reaction. He knows every square inch of my heart, each crevice and patch. And the most beautiful take-away from this summer is this: He doesn’t wince or look away from the icky staples. Instead, He offered to hold my hand and help me remove them. It’s breathtaking, the magnitude of His love. The good He intends for me. The protection He provides. The peace that is mine because I am His.



What an intimate and loving Father we have who works with us as we prepare ourselves for His ultimate design.



Kate lives in northern Virginia where she has a heart for rescue dogs, singing in church, strong coffee and those moments where God reveals so much.



M. A.S. H.



On Mondays, we pray and fast–asking God to come and meet us. We ask Him to soften our hearts as women, to raise up men, and to give the gift of marriage to those who desire it.



M. A.S. H. Mansion. Apartment. Shack. House. Yes, you just stepped out of a time-machine. There are teenage girls squealing all around you because Channing Tatum is going to be your future husband. If you aren’t sure what I’m referring to, you are incredibly lucky.



M. A.S. H. is a game that helps you to predict your future life. You get to select 4 possible future husbands, cars, jobs, residences, salaries, and cities. All of this is decided by random chance. You could end up with in a shack with no money and married to the awkward seventh grade boy who sits behind you in Math class. Or, you could end up being an art critic, living in a mansion, driving a jeep, and married to Hugh Grant.



In all of these scenarios, I ended up married. Maybe not with the man of my dreams, Jonathan Taylor Thomas. but to somebody, anybody. My middle school self had no idea that decades later I would be still a nervous nelly anxiously figuring out what to wear to a Saturday afternoon service project because, who knows, there may be a cute boy there. Really, Anna? Worrying about what to wear to pack a bunch of meals for a food bank? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.



Because no matter how much I write, talk, or internally muse about how being single has been a paradigm-altering, foundation-shaking, heart-shaping experience for God’s glory and my good. I don’t believe that second part. I actually believe that being single is God setting me up for failure for the random amusement of the universe. See look, that guy across the way wants to talk to that girl because she has an excellent waist-to-hip ratio. She’s got that “it factor” which is why he’s talking to my friend. And, there’s Anna standing between them awkward, intruding, and alone.



None of this is fair to God. He’s not a 7th grader. He doesn’t sit there drawing concentric spirals to assign me a random life. He’s not sitting a slumber party laughing with the other members of the Trinity saying, “Oh! Look! Anna got trash collector as a career!” Regardless of whether or not I believe it, He is not playing a game. He’s writing a story. I can’t see the character development, the story arc, the meta-narrative. I can’t tell when new faces will appear in the story–if one will be a man who becomes an integral character. My lack of railway-switchboard type knowledge doesn’t mean that my life is random.



The God of the Bible is the God who is so ordered and structured that even the hairs on my head are numbered. my tears are counted and recorded, every day has meaning and is assigned a purpose, and He even has a new name already picked out–intentionally–just for me. He’s building me a place to live. I don’t know why He has ordered and planned for my life to be unattached up to this point, but He has. The question is whether or not I can trust Him with the seeming randomness of my (lack of) dating life. I want a sign that it will work out in the way that I want it to. I’d almost prefer to be able to pick a number and a name out of a hat rather than trust whatever storyboard God has planned out.



It turns out that I’m not really that unique after all. Just after Jesus had fed the five thousand, people followed him around asking for a sign. They ate the bread and the fish, but they wanted more info on whether or not this Jesus guy was legit. They knew God had worked in the past with Moses and their ancestors, but they wanted another sign. That bread miracle could’ve just been random.



Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?”



Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”



So they said to him, “Then what sign do you do, that we may see and believe you? What work do you perform? Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’”



Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”



They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”



Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life…” John 6:28-35



I want a sign that God isn’t playing M. A.S. H with the universe. Jesus is that sign. Jesus is the sign pointing to the fact that from the beginning of the universe and from the beginning of your life–God had a plan. He has a plan. And, what’s our part? To believe Him.



Blessings on you as you pray and fast this week.



On Grace and Listening (and Toddlers)



During lunch on Mondays, we fast and pray for God to raise up men to lead His church and families, for women’s hearts to soften and for marriages to be given to those who desire them.



While recently serving in the church nursery, I met one of the other helpers and, while getting to know one another, she asked me, “So where are you in life?” I was caught off guard by the question — what did she mean. What was I supposed to say that wasn’t awkward? Does she see that I’m not wearing rings and is drawing conclusions? Do I have to try to explain my confusing life to a stranger?



I still have no idea what she meant, but since she followed it up by asking if I was in college (bless her), I decided to let it go. She then proceeded to spend the rest of the nursery time chatting with the other helper about their respective children’s “progress” in life, recounting their mutual friends’ wedding details from 20 years ago, and swapping details on the moms’ ministry that meets weekly to pray for schools.



Hear me: all of these things are good things. I would have gladly participated in the conversation if I knew how to. Let’s just say I have never been so grateful for toddlers in my life. I could have hugged all of their dear little Cheerio-covered selves for providing an excuse to get away from what felt like the weirdest nursery duty experience ever.



[Afterwards, the snarky part of me wished I had answered her question by saying "Oh, yes. I'm in the ADULT part of life." The part where you have to pay bills and go to work and cook dinner and do the laundry and get the raccoon off the back porch. But I digress.]



The story is not about my snark. The story is more about the fact that I quietly told Jesus how terrible this whole thing was feeling. How much shame I was feeling for things that really shouldn’t cause shame. How I felt so utterly out of the cool kids (and moms) club.



A few minutes later, another mom/church staff member came to check on our classroom. She asked me questions about my life. I asked her questions about her life. I shared good things and hard things about being single, having all my siblings married, and exploring new vocational possibilities. She shared good and hard things about being a mom of young adults, of having a child with chronic health issues, and of managing a growing children’s ministry at church. We were able to laugh and be compassionate with one another. I felt completely different at the end of my conversation with her. My heart was lighter. And then I thought of my earlier silent prayer and smiled. I thanked the Lord for His kindness and care.



When I thought about the situation later, I realized how much I want to be like the second woman. How much I want to extend kindness to people whose lives aren’t making sense to them, much less to someone they just met. How much I want to be able to laugh and/or cry with people whose circumstances are very different from mine. How I want to be willing to show genuine interest in people, even when I’m not sure where to start. And even when that other person is my awkward nursery coworker.



I’ve definitely got a long way to go on this journey. Ironically, I think it is partly the experience of unintentional singleness that has softened my heart to want to be more thoughtful at all. This week, I want to be more gracious and kind as I interact with folks whose stories are very different from my own. And be a bit more grateful that God is shaping and teaching and caring for us, no matter “where” we are in life.



9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. [Romans 12:9-12]



By His Grace,



Amy



Self-proclaimed Perfection



On Mondays at lunch, we fast and pray – for men to become godly leaders at church and at home; for soft hearts that are responsive to the Lord; and for strong, Christ-centered marriages for those who desire them.



Sometimes when I hear that a couple has broken up or a marriage has ended, there is a little, tiny part of me that feels vindicated. Smug.



“I could have told them it would never work out.”



“They got married too young.”



“I would never let it get to the point in MY marriage where we would call it quits.”



But lately, that’s not been my response. I wish I could say that it is all the work of God in me, revealing my pride and putting compassion in its place. Instead, it has been the startling increase of divorce among my Christian friends, including one couple I had long admired as a model for my marriage.



My new response to breakups has been to mourn a loss and a humbled heart reminding me that my self-proclaimed perfection will only lead to a fall (1 Corinthians 10:12 & Proverbs 16: 18). And, there is a loss of hope that I must lay at the foot of Jesus, a reminder that my true hope must be in Him.



We’ve talked before about the “Great Divide” that often exists between marrieds and singles in the church, and one important area where we can rally together is in our prayer for marriage.



The struggle of singles is to find a like-minded, godly spouse. The struggle of those who are married is to find (and be) a like-minded, godly spouse.



Hmm…that doesn’t sound so different.



This week, let’s pray for compassion for those who are hurting – in marriages or in singleness – thankful that He hears our prayers and is the God of all comfort and the source of our hope and salvation.



Love to you today,



Emily



“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)



Where’s the horse?



School is back in session, football is taking over the airways, and FastPray is once again filling your inbox. During the August hiatus the FastPray writers gathered to discuss the blog, life, and the finer art of eating stuff from Trader Joe’s. We feel rejuvenated and excited about our collective return to fasting and praying on Mondays.



This is the last post I will write as a 30-something; that’s right kids I’m turning 40. There are so many things to be thankful for these days, not the least of which is the timeless aspect of being childless. Obviously if I had a teenager in tow people would know I’m not under 30. On a recent flight from Colorado my seat-mate asked me if I was still in college; I smiled inside and out and broke the news about my real age. In my 39 11/12 years of existence I’ve learned that life has a lot to do with perspective and hope.



You may have heard the story made popular by Ronald Reagan (yes, I’m making an 80’s reference which dates me) about twin boys of 5 or 6 with diametrically opposing perspectives. The parents were concerned about their sons’ extreme dispositions, so they took them to a psychiatrist.



The pessimistic boy was put in a room filled to the ceiling with brand new toys. He entered the room and began crying because he was afraid he would break the toys. The optimistic boy was escorted into another room piled to the ceiling with horse manure. The boy entered and let out a yelp of excitement. When asked why he was excited, he exclaimed “With all of this manure, there has to be a horse in here somewhere!”



The reality of turning 40 and being single does not bode well for marriage prospects, statistically speaking, but here is where hope comes in to play. I don’t place my hope in marriage though, no my hope is in a Savior that loves me and has a plan for me. Cliche? Not for me! While the expectations of my 20-year-old self are a chasm apart from the 40-year-old reality, I could have never planned what HAS filled my life. See, it’s hope in a loving Savior that propels me forward to experience life to its fullest.



I’m not bragging here, but there is fullness of life to be had as a single adult. I’ve floated in the Dead Sea, walked around the rim of a volcano in Indonesia, volunteered for extended periods of time in France and Switzerland, spoiled (and continue to spoil) my niece and 6 nephews with fun adventures, ate Tim Tams for dinner one time, and attended countless Broadway shows, sports games, and cultural events. There is so much life out there to experience and it doesn’t have to wait for a ring on your finger! What does an abundantly filled life look like for you? I’m not saying it needs to be filled with travel and events to be abundant (so First World), but are you living with hope and a perspective to find joy in a room filled with toys or manure?



My prayer this Monday is for a perspective on life to keep us thankful and for a hope in a Savior to continue to propel us forward! Jesus is calling you to LIVE!



I borrowed the picture below from this site (John 10:10)…



Bring on abundant life!



Michelle



Summer Benediction



On Mondays at lunch, we fast and pray – for men to become godly leaders at church and at home, for women’s hearts to be softened and for marriages for those who desire them.



As is our annual tradition, we will be taking off the month of August from our routine of Monday lunch fasts-and-prays. I hope this is an opportunity to soak up the vibrancy of the end of the summer. Let’s be honest – I hate writing the words “end of summer” but I plan to use that as a reason to jump in the deep end – literally and figuratively!



A few quick notes before we disperse for our mini break:



First, thank you to everyone who has participated in a visible (ie: comments and emails!) way in the past year. We appreciate getting glimpses of your stories and hearing candid feedback from experiences that may be very different from each of our own experiences. Thank you for being gracious (even when you disagreed with us or one another) and honest.



Secondly, thank you to everyone who has participated in Monday praying. Looking at our culture, our circumstances or our sinful hearts can be a scary and deadening experience if not countered with the reality of who God is and what God has done for us. I think praying is one of the chief ways we are brought back into the reality of how life actually works: God is on the throne as our Father and the Sovereign King of the universe. We come as dependent and helpless sin-soaked creatures – but, in Jesus Christ, more importantly as redeemed and beloved children. I think I believe more than ever that godly marriages are little miracles in this world, and miracles require supernatural intervention. I’m praying for more supernatural interventions!



Thirdly, what a peculiar group we are. Our stories and current circumstances are all over the map. Most of us don’t know one another. And yet we are tied together by a shared desire for a godly marriage (for us or someone we love) and some inner conviction that we can’t make that happen in our own strength. And so there is a growing group of folks praying and fasting about these topics, and a handful of initially reluctant authors putting their hearts and journeys on display along the way. How crazy is that? I’m excited to see what sort of fruit this crazy bears. I’m glad to be on this journey with you.



Fourthly, what to do with August? Since we won’t be fasting and praying, perhaps it can be a month for intentional gratitude. Forget the theology and frameworks and articles for a moment. I just want to rest in God’s goodness this summer. Leave the unmet expectations and the dating disappointments and hoped-for “perfect” life on the shelf. There is life right here, right now. I don’t want to miss that.



When we come back in the fall, we’ll tackle some of the themes that have been running through this year and also bring some new voices into the conversation. We look forward to seeing more answered prayer and sharing and hearing more stories along the way. In the meantime, have a wonderful August.



In His Grace,



Amy



What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. [Romans 8:31-33]



Dating



Dating is a part of human mating process whereby two people meet socially for companionship. beyond the level of friendship. or with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or marriage. It can be a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by the couple. While the term has several meanings, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple.



History [ edit ]



Dating as an institution is a relatively recent phenomenon which has mainly emerged in the last few centuries. From the standpoint of anthropology and sociology. dating is linked with other institutions such as marriage and the family which have also been changing rapidly and which have been subject to many forces, including advances in technology and medicine. As humans have evolved from hunter-gatherers into civilized societies and more recently into modern societies, there have been substantial changes in the relationship between men and women, with perhaps the only biological constant being that both adult women and men must have sexual intercourse for human procreation to happen. [ 3 ]



Humans have been compared to other species in terms of sexual behavior. Neurobiologist Robert Sapolsky constructed a reproductive spectrum with opposite poles being tournament species. in which males compete fiercely for reproductive privileges with females, and pair bond arrangements, in which a male and female will bond for life. [ 4 ] According to Sapolsky, humans are somewhat in the middle of this spectrum, in the sense that humans form pair bonds, but there is the possibility of cheating or changing partners. [ 4 ] These species-particular behavior patterns provide a context for aspects of human reproduction. including dating. However, one particularity of the human species is that pair bonds are often formed without necessarily having the intention of reproduction. In modern times, emphasis on the institution of marriage, generally described as a male-female bond, has obscured pair bonds formed by same-sex and transsexual couples, and that many heterosexual couples also bond for life without offspring, or that often pairs that do have offspring separate. Thus, the concept of marriage is changing widely in many countries.



Historically, marriages in most societies were arranged by parents and older relatives with the goal not being love but legacy and "economic stability and political alliances", according to anthropologists. [ 5 ] Accordingly, there was little need for a temporary trial period such as dating before a permanent community-recognized union was formed between a man and a woman. While pair-bonds of varying forms were recognized by most societies as acceptable social arrangements, marriage was reserved for heterosexual pairings and had a transactional nature, where wives were in many cases a form of property being exchanged between father and husband, and who would have to serve the function of reproduction. Communities exerted pressure on people to form pair-bonds in places such as Europe ; in China. according to sociologist Tang Can, society "demanded people get married before having a sexual relationship" [ 6 ] and many societies found that some formally recognized bond between a man and a woman was the best way of rearing and educating children as well as helping to avoid conflicts and misunderstandings regarding competition for mates.



Dating



Dating is a part of human mating process whereby two people meet socially for companionship. beyond the level of friendship. or with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or marriage. It can be a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by the couple. While the term has several meanings, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple.



History [ edit ]



Dating as an institution is a relatively recent phenomenon which has mainly emerged in the last few centuries. From the standpoint of anthropology and sociology. dating is linked with other institutions such as marriage and the family which have also been changing rapidly and which have been subject to many forces, including advances in technology and medicine. As humans have evolved from hunter-gatherers into civilized societies and more recently into modern societies, there have been substantial changes in the relationship between men and women, with perhaps the only biological constant being that both adult women and men must have sexual intercourse for human procreation to happen. [ 3 ]



Humans have been compared to other species in terms of sexual behavior. Neurobiologist Robert Sapolsky constructed a reproductive spectrum with opposite poles being tournament species. in which males compete fiercely for reproductive privileges with females, and pair bond arrangements, in which a male and female will bond for life. [ 4 ] According to Sapolsky, humans are somewhat in the middle of this spectrum, in the sense that humans form pair bonds, but there is the possibility of cheating or changing partners. [ 4 ] These species-particular behavior patterns provide a context for aspects of human reproduction. including dating. However, one particularity of the human species is that pair bonds are often formed without necessarily having the intention of reproduction. In modern times, emphasis on the institution of marriage, generally described as a male-female bond, has obscured pair bonds formed by same-sex and transsexual couples, and that many heterosexual couples also bond for life without offspring, or that often pairs that do have offspring separate. Thus, the concept of marriage is changing widely in many countries.



Historically, marriages in most societies were arranged by parents and older relatives with the goal not being love but legacy and "economic stability and political alliances", according to anthropologists. [ 5 ] Accordingly, there was little need for a temporary trial period such as dating before a permanent community-recognized union was formed between a man and a woman. While pair-bonds of varying forms were recognized by most societies as acceptable social arrangements, marriage was reserved for heterosexual pairings and had a transactional nature, where wives were in many cases a form of property being exchanged between father and husband, and who would have to serve the function of reproduction. Communities exerted pressure on people to form pair-bonds in places such as Europe ; in China. according to sociologist Tang Can, society "demanded people get married before having a sexual relationship" [ 6 ] and many societies found that some formally recognized bond between a man and a woman was the best way of rearing and educating children as well as helping to avoid conflicts and misunderstandings regarding competition for mates.



Related posts:



Comments



I am twelve years old and I started to have acne when I was eleven. But I don’t have them like everyday, it appears and disappears and its always on my nose, sometimes I accidentally pop it and it leaves marks And when I pop it a yellowish and white liquid comes out then comes the blood.



Jada says



Hi im 12 too and also have pimples near my nose as well and what i use to clear them up as much as its not noticable to see close up is…..



Take Baking soda and water, lemon juice and sugar, or salt and sour cream. most important nutmeg powder.



Concentrate on the blackheads, but remember to use a very light touch. Too rough, and you could damage your skin.



Do this for 3-5 minutes. Rinse well. Enjoy your clean face.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий